Some floor mats are designed for protection against dirt and debris from the outdoors. Others are designed to keep floors dry. There are also mats that are designed for boosted leg and feet comfort. And then there are mats that cover more than a single function. Whatever you need, there are many different types of floor mats to choose from!
Different Types of Floor Mats
The key to getting the most out of your mats is understanding what different types of floor mats do and where they are best placed. On top of that, it is also important to know the perfect size of mat to use for your space.
We’ve listed some of the most common floor mat options and their uses:
- Classic Mats – Classic mats are some of your most basic and most versatile floor mats. They can effectively clean off dirt and debris stuck under people’s shoes, as well as moisture. They make for the perfect mats for entrances, lobbies, elevators, and for other, more general matting needs.
- Logo Mats – Logo mats are general-purpose mats upgraded with high-definition visuals like logos, seasonal messages, and slogans, which makes them effective marketing campaign tools.
- Michigan Mats – Winter is coming, and you need to protect your business! These absorbent mats stay clean and dry with a water dam border that holds moisture and a raised surface that keeps dirt contained and out of sight. These environmentally-friendly mat products will keep your floors safe from winter moisture and will keep your guests from slipping and falling due to snow, ice or other substances! This mat has been certified slip-resistant by the National Floor Safety Institute.
- Anti-Fatigue Mats – Anti-fatigue mats, as the name implies, are mats designed to ease fatigue in the lower extremities and the lower back that come from standing on one’s feet for extended periods of time. They are made of materials that promote micromovements in the legs and feet, inducing better circulation. These ergonomically-designed mats are required in workplaces like assembly lines, commercial kitchens, and factories. Anti-fatigue mats come in different varieties including anti-bacterial mats, anti-static mats, and ones that feature drainage holes for wet workplaces.
- Scraper Mats – Scraper mats are designed to remove dirt and debris trapped under shoes. Unlike their more generic mat counterparts, however, scraper mats are made for more aggressive scraping. With its specially-designed abrasive surface, the scraper mat more effectively removes larger particles of dirt and even mud, trapping them in between the surfaces. They are best placed in entrances and other high-foot traffic areas for maximum floor protection.
Different Types of Floor Mats, Same Excellent Quality
The choice you make on floor mat type is only as good and as effective as the quality of mats you get. Go for mats made of top-quality material to ensure durability and efficiency, and make sure that your mat products comply with the standards set by the National Floor Safety Institute.
Get mats with topnotch servicing and maintenance from a company that has established itself in reliability, professionalism, and experience.
Work with CLS! We have different types of floor mats available for use in different businesses across various industries. Learn more about what we can do for your business today contact us online or call 800-875-4636!